Friday, January 7, 2011

Peppermint Cheesecake


I love cheesecake. Years and years ago I bought a Philadelphia Cream Cheese Cheesecake Cookbook and we have enjoyed every single one I've made from this book. I really should start at the beginning and make them all in a series for the blog. Yes, I would do it FOR THE GOOD OF THE BLOG. 

This was our dessert for our Christmas night meal.  Perfect ending.

2 - 8 oz. pkgs. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 t. vanilla
2 eggs
3/4 cup finely crushed peppermint candy, divided
1 Keebler Graham Cracker crust

Mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla at medium speed with electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs; mix until blended. Stir in 1/2 cup of the peppermint candy.

Pour into crust. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup peppermint candy

Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Garnish with whipped cream and crushed peppermint candy if desired.


2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! Do they have an eggnog cheese cake recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes they do. I'll post that one in a few days.

    ReplyDelete